Old September 27th 04, 12:43 AM
Guy Alcala

Peter Stickney wrote:

In article ,
Guy Alcala writes:

While I agree with you re Kurt not being a loon, I think I'd have to disagree
on your R&D group suggestion. Think of the extra overhead involved -- they'd
either all have to be sent to the Defense Language Institute at Monterey to
learn how to understand Kurt's prose, or else develop a computer translation
program to decode all the acronyms and Plummerisms, and constantly update the
database as new ones are added. The last item by itself is a full-time job.
Granted, familiarity with Kurt's style does help with the decoding, but it's
just not worth the investment of time and energy for a small R&D shop.

I wonder what the Indian Chief from the "Go-Go Gophers" is doing?
I think he'd be a perfect translator.

"What him say?"

Trust you to dredge up a memory that I hadn't accessed for probably 30 years;-)
For some reason that one never stuck with me. OTOH, pretty much any Looney Tunes
or Jay Ward cartoon is engraved on my memory and will likely stick with me into
senility. There we'll all be in the retirement home, dribbling our oatmeal down
the front of our clothes while heartily singing along to the theme from
SuperChicken, and then giving the punchlines for all the cartoons early:

"Cavalleria Rusticana."

"Audience?!"

And we all croak out "Rigoletto!", followed by a bunch of coughing. It's a scary
thought.

Guy