Old October 17th 05, 06:43 PM
Denny

Default Update - Fat Albert

Pulling the cowlings on Fat Albert is a 40 minute job for two men...
Replacing them is in the ball park of an hour plus... I have had the
cowlings completely off and back on 4 times in the past three weeks
chasing this leak... Getting pretty good at it, but not liking it any
better... This is on top of having the cowlings off the starboard
engine to change out the starter a week before we started on the
leak...

A month ago had you brought it up I would have been full of smug
instructions for chasing down the pesky leak, after 50+ years of
wrenching on engines... Since then I've had my hat size reduced...
This hose has been a real thrash to chase down because it appears it
only leaks when really good and hot, and then it mists oil thin as
water over it's entire length which blows around putting a uniform
coating of oil everywhere... (this is assuming I've finally done it -
still waiting on that hot day to get it warm enough to prove it is
fixed)

denny