Old July 18th 03, 05:57 PM
TripFarmer

Just my $0.02 worth..... Buy a plane with more HP and Payload ability but get
a partner. You can't fly everyday anyway and to have someone share 1/2 the
fixed costs woudl let you fly more with a nicer plane on the same (or less)
budget.

Trip

In article ,
says...

I posted before about buying an inexpensive aircraft and got good
information from this group - thanks. I've been looking locally,
Philadelphia area, for a good aircraft in the $30k range. I found a
very nice Skipper for less than my budget ~ 27k. I never considered
one before. I flew it earlier today and I have to admit that I
enjoyed it.

The limitations of the skipper are slow, doesn't have much useful
load, doesn't climb real well, and Beech parts are expensive. On the
plus side, Beech quality, modestly IFR with a 155, garmin audio panel,
garmin VFR 250, intercom, low time, 2000 hours, recent engine, 400
SMOH, very good paint/interior, 6 GPH, excellent visibility and unlike
the rental fleet - everything works!!
I've been thinking hard about what I really need. Most of my trips
are less than 200 miles so the lack of speed and range are not
problems. I almost always fly solo so the weight limitations are
okay. I have my IFR rating but I intend to use it for VFR flights and
to maintain currency for IFR (I can rent more capable planes if I
really need to).

If I accept all of the limitations, are there any problems with these
little ships? I haven't found any crazy ad's or sb's. Are there any
odd problems with handling? For my first aircraft, I'd like something
that isn't going to drive me nuts with repairs.

Thanks
Dave