Old July 24th 03, 03:45 AM
Dave

(Dylan Smith) wrote in message ...
On 20 Jul 2003 21:25:36 -0700, Dave wrote:
I thought about the 140 and have looked at one. That particular
airplane needed too much work. Luckily, the advice of this group
talked me out of it. I haven't found any 140's in my area that are
worth persuring.

What kind of 140 - the proper sort (Cessna) or the nosedragger sort
(Piper)? :-)

There's a good type club if you're after the Cessna one which has quite
a few 'for sale' ads.

Thanks Dylan. I'm interested in the nosewheel sort. I did do as much
of my private in a piper cub as was reasonably possible. With that
minimal tailwheel experience, I also considered Citabrias. I found
one very nice ECA. The problem is the wing spar AD. It could fail at
annual, if not this year - maybe next - maybe never. Minimum cost is
about $10k to go with the Milman spar or about $16k for the factory
wings. That's too much exposure on a $30k aircraft. They really are
great little airplanes.

Dave