Old August 4th 03, 05:28 PM
rjciii

Default Runway Observer for Glider Operations

It is highly likely, upon the completion of an upcoming formal safety
inspection, that the local FAA will concur with the LGC Airport
Authority's rule that the glider club must post an observer to
visually clear the crossing runway as a requirement to operate gliders
at this otherwise uncontrolled airport.

The local FAA's determination will conclude the "informal" complaint
process initiated by our glider club over concerns about Airport
Assurances compliance violations.

From that point, the club may choose to file a "formal" complaint to
FAA HQ. This formal complaint needs to cite "errors of fact".

With consideration to "errors of fact", I ask the members of the
soaring community to provide me with any conceivable way that the
requirement for [only] the glider club to provide an observer as a
condition to operate at an uncontrolled airport may violate federal
law or FAA regulations, orders, or advisories.

Private response to or phone # via SSA member
info.