Old March 15th 04, 02:39 PM
Peter R.

Brien K. Meehan ) wrote:

Peter R. wrote:
Do a 180 and find a nearby airport outside the lower
visibility.

That might be the right answer for a non-rated PPL, but with 3SM
visibility and 1800ft ceiling, there's no good reason to do that if
you can just get an IFR clearance and continue.

I believe the OP was concerned about icing in the clouds. ATC, given the
MEA of 3,000, might have sent him up in the clouds as part of his
clearance.

Thus, my question about the minimum vectoring altitude.

--
Peter