Old December 10th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default DG1000/2

Paul,

Thanks for the other links. I tried a quick search last night, but
didn't come up with anything. The gallery of images is great. During
my first USAF tour of the UK, one of the glider pilots built models
for the movie and television industry. During my second tour we
typically spent at least one day each year at the London Model
Engineering Exhibition. It's moved from New Year's to Jan 16-18, 2009
at Alexandria Palace. Just an incredible place to spend a day or two.

Frank

On Dec 10, 8:29*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi Frank,

Very cool! *In the link you provided below I didn't show me much about the
project. *Do you need to be a member of that site?

I did find a nice report hehttp://www.scalesoaring.co.uk/GLASS/...DG1000/Site/Re...

I did find some more nice photos of the glider he

http://www.scalepilots.com/gallery/t...s.php?album=16

My favorite photo of it is hehttp://www.scalepilots.com/gallery/d...670&fullsize=1

I imagine you really have to trust the friends that help you launch such a
large glider model.

I found another interesting article hehttp://www.townelineproductions.com/...ring/07-06Swis...

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

"Frank Whiteley" wrote in message

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/news/article/mps/uan/617

DG-1000 - When Simon Cocker builds a glider, he builds a GLIDER! As
his account of this awesome 1/2 scale soarer project testifies.

Someone in the UK seen this?

Frank Whiteley