Old May 13th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kyle Boatright

Default Inner Tubes

"Rip" wrote in message
. ..
RST Engineering wrote:
I understand there is a new class of inner tubes that do not leak as
severely as the old
"TSO'd crap" natural rubber that we've used since Wilbur put them on the
Flyer.

Anybody got a lead on who has them for relatively few AMUs for common
sizes like 600-6 and so on?

Jim

Michelin sells them as AirStop tubes. Chief Aircraft carries them.

Rip

And they are not cheap. I believe Goodyear has come out with a version too.

Desser carries both brands.

IIRC, my 5" x 5" airstop tubes were $30+ each. New tires were $50/ea. It
hurt paying almost as much for the tubes as the tires. Still, only having
to air the tires 3 or 4 times a year is nice.

KB

KB