Old July 1st 10, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Why don't more Young Eagles become pilots?

a writes:

It'd my admittedly uninformed opinion that research would demonstrate
the performance characteristics of this airplane are more like those
of a complex high performance single than a Pa 140 and pilots need
more training than a simple sign off.

It has a reputation for good performance in its class. I don't think that
would explain so many pilots messing up, though. I think Cirrus is
deliberately marketing to pilots who probably shouldn't be flying the
airplane, which I consider unethical.

Cory Lidle isn't necessarily a typical example in all ways, but his accident
illustrates my concern and the type of pilot whom I believe Cirrus is trying
inappropriately to attract.