Old May 13th 20, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_3_]

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 7:43:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Your strapped in, closed up, checklist complete, hooked up.............then something stops the launch! It’s hot inside your closed up cockpit and it looks like a several minute delay, so you open up the canopy. How can you insure you latch the canopy again?
Here’s a little trick I’ve used for 48 years....................leave your hand on the canopy latch! May be a little uncomfortable, but your hand on the canopy latch is there to remind you that something must be done, before you are once again READY FOR TAKEOFF.
Just my .02 cents,
JJ

Jeeeesh.. that suggestion wasn't worth the full 0.2cents; here's a penny rebate back. Take your low-tech ideas somewhere else, like the flat-earth society who'll appreciate numskull ideas. You take us for a bunch of idiots?
...... Okay, well, actually that sounds like a simple, workable solution. We use it on the flap handle when thermalling; a reminder to go neutral or negative when leaving the lift. Any simple ideas to keep us from stall/spinning in?