Old May 14th 20, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

Attached are 3 frames from the video and part of the video that has been magnified and edited. My observations only, I'm not a forensic investigator. First frame shows glider on left, towplane on right with the glider "below" the tug. Tug's landing gear and tail position are evident with vertical stabilizer below wing surface. Note the glider's tail appears even with its wing. Second frame: glider tail now dips "below" its wing and the pitch-up is evidenced by showing more top wing surface; glider is "above" tug. Vert stab of tug now higher/level with its wing. Tug's undercarriage seen. Third frame: Glider appears higher above tug; glider's tail now more horizontal with respect to wing. [Note video has been slowed by 50%] https://www.dropbox.com/sh/snhkjkit2...Wdun8aY2a?dl=0

Last document is from NTSB final report of 2017 fatal towplane accident. One photo clearly shows the Pawnee's elevator in extreme up deflection.
https://dms.ntsb.gov/public/62000-62...018/622033.pdf