Old June 13th 20, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default Flarm Antenna Extension

I want to thank everyone who weighed in on my question - especially to George Haeh for his article and photographs.

I went with low tech - a 6" x 3/4" wood piece cut from a paint stick. My wife does tie dye shirts, etc so she dyed the piece black. Nice color and finish. A couple of pieces of 3m dual lock completed the installation on the outside of the glare shield.

The hardest part was figuring out which antenna was the Flarm antenna. I buried the core deep into the panel and didn't want to tear everything apart to figure it out.

Hopefully, I can fly in a "target rich" environment soon and get another Range Analyzer plot that doesn't have the 12 o'clock dead spot.

Lou