Old June 18th 04, 09:09 PM
Jim Weir

-I would avoid using two COM on the same antenna but it can be done.
-I can't remember the number of wavelengths but I'm sure you could make
-a co-axial combining filter.
-Imagine a rectangle made with co-axial cable.
-Put the two COM at diagonally opposite corners.
-Put the antenna at one of the other corners and a balancing load at
-the other.
-The two COM need to have a 180° phase shift so signals cancel
-It's all too messy and two antennas are much more efficient.

If you use this bozo's scheme to put two coms on one antenna, can I buy the
crispy fried remains for spare parts?

-
-I did install a COMANT combination GPS and COMM broadband antenna.
-One position takes care of both.
-
-Getting the required isolation wasn't that hard... they had already
-understood the problem very well.

No problem. Getting isolation between 127 MHz. and 1575 MHz. isn't too
difficult. Getting isolation between 127 MHz. and 126 MHz. is a crystal bitch
without a lot of folderol.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com