Old May 4th 05, 10:37 AM

Last I heard the Proxalert is out of business. If you call their
number they just refer you to some place in France.

bumper wrote:
Ramy,

I don't have experience with the Monroy or Surecheck, but have been

using
the Proxalert R-5 for the past year and a half.

The R5 is more expensive than the Shurecheck or Monroy, but IMO, is

worth
the extra money as it displays the threat aircraft squawk code and up

to 3
aircraft while tracking 10. The squawk tells me if the aircraft is

talking
to ATC and probably knows about me (I use a transponder in the

glider) or is
VFR and thus likely not aware of my presence.

In the glider, the R5's audio alert is adequate, the red alert LED

light is
bright and really good at getting my attention even when I'm looking

outside
and only have it in peripheral vision. When using the R5 in my Mooney

don't bother hooking up the audio to the headset. For one, the audio

is too
loud when compared to the comm audio (would require a resistor or pot

lower the R5 audio to match) . . . but the real reason is I don't

find the
audio necessary as that alert light is really bright and right in my

field
of view on the glareshield.

BTW, from the reviews I've read, the Monroy normally comes in after

the
larger Shurecheck. I wouldn't consider the Shurecheck Micro either,

but for
a different reason than what you mentioned. The Micro has no built in

altimeter and doesn't display threat aircraft altitude. Get an alert

and all
you have is approx range - - no clue at what altitude the threat

might be
at, or even if it's really a threat at all! At least with the others,

you
know what altitude to scan for the traffic.

all the best,

bumper

"Ramy Yanetz" wrote in message
om...
Anyone has experience with the Monroy ADT-200? It seems to have the

best
combination of low price ($575), small size, easy and simple to use

and
install on the glare shield.
I tried the Surecheck traffic scope micro which seems to work well

but
lack one critical feature which is sound/voice alert. The display

is only
useful when you look directly at it.

Ramy