Old January 18th 15, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

Default Transponder Antenna Placement Fuselage Bottom - Minimize Damage?Exact Location

http://www.advancedaircraft.com/

The L2....

If your glider has fiberglass tail boon (no carbon fiber) this is a great solution....

We installed about 10 or 12 of these in gliders with no problems at all...

Cookie

On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 7:50:16 PM UTC-5, WaltWX wrote:
Planning on install of a Trig T22 on my Discus 2A. I see that SH recommends installation on bottom of fuselage near gear door canted off at an angle:

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...0-4-D-2070.pdf

Any recommendations from experience on exactly where to place a stub antenna in such a way to minimize damage while moving into and out of trailer? Also, comments on pluses minuses of adding a ground plane?

Walter Rogers - WX