Old January 18th 15, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Transponder Antenna Placement Fuselage Bottom - Minimize Damage?Exact Location

I installed a flexible transponder antenna in the exact location specified by Schemmp-Hirth in a Discus B. If you were to hit it during loading, unloading or outlanding it just bends out the way. XPDR performance has been great to date though I'm yet to test it at maximum range. Though in gliding, maximum range is really not necessary. I did have to trim the mesh ground plane to fit due to control rods and fibreglass brackets in the area but again, no degradation of performance evident.

http://www.lxavionics.co.uk/transflex-mesh-antenna.htm

Case