Old December 20th 03, 08:45 AM
Andrew Rowley

Big John wrote:

People keep laying out 3 times around the world.

Why the fourth attempt? Once would get him in the record book.

He must like playing Russian Roulette and after each circumnavigation
he spins the cylinder and pulls the trigger again. (

I guess he likes doing that type of flying. Why do any of us fly? This
is rec.aviation.homebuit, why would someone build their own aircraft?
Why do some people build several aircraft?

There isn't really a cutoff point between safe and risky. There is
just increasing degrees of risk, and different people draw the line at
different points. All these things are risky:
- flying light aircraft
- flying homebuilt aircraft
- flying single engine at night
- flying SE in IMC
- flying SE over water
- flying to Antarctica

I am sure that there are people in this group who would do things that
I would not do because I consider them too risky. Likewise I know a
lot of people who consider flying too risky. It's just different
perceptions, and the risks you are prepared to take to do what you
want to do.