Old January 16th 04, 04:21 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Roy Smith" wrote in message

Researching a question from a club member, I read in the FAR's:

§ 23.207 Stall warning.
[...]
(b) The stall warning may be furnished either through the inherent
aerodynamic qualities of the airplane or by a device that will give
clearly distinguishable indications under expected conditions of flight.

Every plane I've ever flown has a mechanical stall warning device (some
visual, some aural), but apparantly it's possible to certify a plane
without one. Does anybody know of any real life examples of planes
certified without stall warning devices?

My Aeronca 7AC has no mechanical stall warning device. Few aircraft of that
vintage do.