Old June 18th 04, 09:06 AM
K.P. Termaat

Hi Ian,

I would vote in favor also for abolishing the "10 km / only once" rule, but I think it has no chance at the next IGC meeting.
I agree with KISS; the current rules are much to complicated and moreover rules for badges and records are different and mixed up. What a mess. Very easy to fall in a trap as we did.

B.t.w. do you understand why the 1.4.5.b. rule at its end says "This course must be declared" while the rule says "in any sequence or not at all". I just don't understand (another trap?).

P.s. Our amendment will probably go for :

1.4.5. Distance performance for badges only
b. Distance using up to three turnpoints:
A flight from a startpoint via up to three declared turnpoints to a finishpoint . If the finishpoint is the landing place it need not be declared. In any sequence, no more then three visits to declared turnpoints may be claimed for the performance.

Would like your opinion on that Ian (apart from abolishing the rule)

Regards,

Karel, NL

"Ian Strachan" schreef in bericht ...
In article , Todd Pattist
writes

I'd be in favor of just abolishing the 10 km rule.

Quite. The KISS principle applies.

--
Ian Strachan
Lasham Gliding Centre, UK