Old June 12th 05, 05:04 PM
Helowriter

It flew the next day. They were waiting to do a high-speed taxi run,
but I had to leave before that.

The 609 in real life is stylish, neat. I believe there is a market
for civil tilt rotor. I also think there's a market for a high-speed
coaxial. You have to pick your market niches.

More important, that sort of development is what the entire US
rotorcraft industry should be doing --- with the avid support of the US
government support. Europe has targeted rotorcraft as an area of
industrial growth. We seem determined to surrender it to them. Maybe
Boeing will get lucky with the A160 or Dragonfly technologies.

HW