Old August 6th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

Default OLV GPS 36 approach question

Greg Esres wrote in
:

Your controller made a mistake and you should have corrected it. His
instruction to descend and maintain 2,100 was an order, and
technically you were wrong to ignore it.

Appreciate your feedback Dan,

I kinda knew that I was not in the right by not complying, but not being
spring loaded as you said I should have been, I didn't want to cause any
commotion on the airwaves, as my goal was to fly the plane with the hopes I
could have gotten a clarification, but the frequency was really congested.

Even though I have had my IFR ticket for 2 years, every flight feels like
my first :-)

I didn't have the airport in sight due to forward viz being so low so I had
to stick with the numbers in front of me.

Allen