Old January 19th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default Ramp fees for Jets

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Dico" wrote)
I'm on the board of our local flying club and we manage the GA ramp.

I am wondering if people can share with me what their airport (or other
airports they've been to) are charge for overnight fees for jets. We
have a small overnight fee for planes (which i believe is waived if
they fuel up)... but I'm just doing some research as to what we should
be charging the Citations and G-Vs that come in and park.

If you have plenty of room, charge them the same as you would an Ercoupe -
word will get around and you'll have a ramp full of Citations in no time.

People who arrive in jets will likely be spending some bigger bucks in
your area. Be thankful of that - cut them some slack - and hope they buy
lots and lots of fuel.

Montblack

I would modify that a bit and make it so it is worth their while to buy fuel
from you. Make it a win-win, it will keep them coming back and will help
support your club as well as the airport, because people with money and jets
tend to be good resources when someone wants to do away with their favorite
fuel stop.