Old June 29th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default "Super Guppy" at Heathrow?

AES wrote:
Taxiing in on a just landed United flight at LHR a few weeks
ago, I caught a quick glimpse through a window across the
cabin of what looked (to a non-expert) like a semi-derelict
small-sized "Super Guppy" parked off by a big hangar:
fat fuselage, three engines (one huge one up in the tail),
faded bile-green color, what looked like big rust streaks
running around the fuselage.

What might I have been seeing?

Doesn't sound like a Super Guppy. Did it have jet engines? The Super
Guppy had 4 engines on the wings with props. I know that Airbus made some
jet powered guppy-like aircraft to transport fuselage sections for
manufacturing. Maybe it was one of those.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)