View Single Post
Old August 9th 17, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK
external usenet poster

Default ASW27B prices falling

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 11:06:29 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 5:00:32 AM UTC-6, wrote:
There are 3 nice ASW27's for sale, all at reduced prices in the Wings and Wheels website. We 3 owners are mystified at the seeming lack of interest in this ship. Two of us are no longer flying thanks to Father Time and we're throwing in lots of soaring related "goodies" with your purchase.

http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider

A ASW-27 is a great glider and it does strike me as odd that they don't sell quick. However, I believe the majority of the buyers right now are like myself, new to soaring, wanting to buy something that is fun, like my Libelle 201B; but also not something that looks like it is "too much" glider for the first purchase.

Just an idea.

Well....not to be a total smart alec but let me chime in once more.
In the business of sales, particularly used item sales; the prices will be dictated what the market can bare, that is as simple as that.
Since we are seeing the $20-40 market drop about 30% due to the lack of demand, why should be the $60-1000k market be any different? If the owners would price their gliders to sell and reduce prices where they should be... they will sell. No one likes to take a hit but sometimes one needs to take a hard look and just bite the bullet or expect to sit on the item for a very long time and sometimes more,( there are plenty of examples of this on the WW classified).
Sure... there are gliders being sold for a quarter mill but what's the percentage of that compared to the total market...maybe 2%?
Just my nickel's worth.