Old September 26th 03, 11:14 PM
Mike Weller

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 05:00:26 -0400, Michael Horowitz
wrote:

Folks - I'm having difficulty getting audio from my Avcomm headset to
my Icom A-21 handheld.

Your Icom A-21 uses an internal electret mike. There is no reason
your headset electret won't work. I use my headset with an A-3 and it
works fine. Are you sure you're putting the mike about a half inch
from your lips and speaking directly into it?

The Icom requires a condenser microphone and the Avcomm has an
'electret' element, which as I understand is a variety of condenser
mic.

Not true, see above.

Has anyone had a similar problem and how was it solved? - Mike

PS- I see a variety of circuitry on the 'net describing how to power
the microphone, but I was hoping not to have to go off building
another box.

Just not true. The only headset interface that I've seen that
requires power is for active noise cancellation.

Mike Weller