Old May 12th 05, 12:28 PM
Go

I had a Smyk version of the PW5 with a 'Johnson' version TE probe and
felt it ddn't work well. I was using a Borgelt B50 and Mike Borgelt
told me it would not work correctly due to it's location on the
fuselage.

But there are many people who use this probe and say it works just
fine. You should go to the World Class Soaring Assoc.
http://www.wcsa.org/ and post this inquiry on our forum. You will
receive answers from people who have direct experience with your
glider. Or you might contact Charles Yeates the dealer for the Smyk.

BTW: The B-1 version of the PW5 is plumbed for a tail-mounted TE probe
which works very, very well.

I am not aware of anyone plumbing to the tail in a Smyke for this
purpose but the people on the forum would know for sure.

Good luck