Old May 26th 05, 08:08 AM
Antoņio

pablo wrote:
I'm considering moving to Spokane in a year. snip
Thanks

I live in Western WA. I will ditto what has been said already: The
climates are vastly different. Eastern WA (east of the Cascade mountain
range) is much drier and extreme temperature-wise. It is mostly like a
high-plains desert, very flat, few trees, rattlesnakes, lots of rich
wheat farmers, very conservative politically, hot in the day and cold
at night.

Spokane has more trees than most of eastern WA. It has, I think, about
300,000 people, lots of Republicans and "neo-cons". Lots of
agricultural stuff going on. The town seems a little run-down in most
areas.

Western WA is almost the diametric opposite: Cloudy and/or wet most of
the time from mid October to about mid may. It is fairly dry in the
summer months, though. More jobs are here because the cities are
larger. Lots of traffic problems on the only freeway that runs north to
south (I-5), more liberal, more beautiful with its lush foiliage, fir
trees, lakes, Puget Sound, and ocean. State capitol is in Olympia on
this side. More TFR's than anywhere in the US. Better colleges. Lots of
liberal types here.

If you like, you can write me with specific questions.

Antonio