Old November 19th 19, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default How did you install your FLARM brick and/or ADS-B Out?

If it's a recently purchased TT22 I would hope the software version is up to date enough. Which begs the question of how do you check the software version. You just the transponder on and the versions for all the parts shows on the LCD screen as it boots, and then disappears before you can note them down. The way I deal with that is have the iPhone camera ready and just take a photo of the screen.

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 12:21:18 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Remember, TN22 head and core have to be returned to Mid Contient to be upgraded for ADS-B 2020 compliance use.

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 2:33:07 PM UTC-5, Mike N. wrote:
As an add on question to this topic, I currently have a Flarm core installed and am installing a Trig TT22 / TN72 for 2020 ADS-B compliance.

My question is, once the Trig transponder is installed, what configuration changes should I make to the Flarm?

I just started reading the Flarm manual, and thought this discussion relevant, so I'm asking....

One change I understand is the ICAO codes should be set to match in both.

I am very technically adept. I'll be going through the manuals, but thought I would raise this question here as well.