Old July 17th 05, 03:08 AM
A Lieberman

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:59:10 GMT, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"A Lieberman" wrote in message

Putting me into a heading that weather may compromise my safety. I am
basing this on Mikes original post.

Denying you your desired route does not require you to fly into any weather.

If the weather was behind you like Mike described, and you can't proceed
forward, that in my opinion would be an emergency. He couldn't go further
on, and had to retrace his steps which would put have put him into bad
weather. His words we

So now, here I am, in the air with two small kids
on board, and being turned back towards what was, a while back at
least, some nasty weather.

I am making a lot of assumptions, since Mike was the one there and I was
not, so I don't know any other alternatives he had.

Again, if the weather was behind him and he couldn't proceed further on,
being turned back into nasty weather (his words, not mine) can be
considered an emergency.

Allen