Old December 31st 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default Any Cessna 210 owners?

Guy in the hangar next to me had a strutted 210 for about 5 years. Cost
him a fortune. What an absolute turd. He finally couldn't take it
anymore and bought a turbo Aztec. We all laughed and said he'd be the
first guy to buy a twin and have his costs go down. We weren't far off.
He sunk at least $12K into the gear in those few short years. They
are not very fast. It's a 150-155 knot real world airplane. And if
it's not fast why would you want one?

Matt Whiting wrote:

Does anyone here own an older model C210 (strut-wing models)? I'm
looking at a 1966 and would like to learn more about the real world
costs of operation as compared to the 182 I owned previously. I know
the insurance is a lot higher ($3800 vs. $1200), and fuel burn is
higher, but what about maintenance costs? Other than the gear saddle,
what are the other trouble spots? How much trouble is the gear saddle
in actuality?

Matt