Old March 25th 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Buffing and Waxing Gelcoat question

On Mar 25, 2:40*pm, Discus 44 wrote:
Since the season is just getting started, I know this is an older
topic, but I have to ask again about how other glider owners approach
this. *My experience is using both "Meguires Products" and finish up
with Harly Wax. *I use also the vertical buffing wheels associated
with what is commonly called "Hard Wax". *I only use the buffing
compounds for polishing plastic like surfaces with these. *It seems to
me that getting out small scratches and getting the kind of finish
that looks good all season is only accomplished by using the buffing
wheel and sealinng it with the wax. *It is a lot of work, but seems to
be worth it.

Any thoughts on a better way?

Tom

Yep- get somebody else to do it.