Old October 30th 03, 06:16 PM
Model Flyer

"Del Rawlins" wrote in
message ...
On 27 Oct 2003 03:23 AM, Lou Parker posted the following:

Does that mean that after building my plane with fir instead of

spruce
that I should be able to up my cruise speed, max speed and

everything
else by 20%?

Why settle for a mere 20% when you can go faster? Once you reach

the
"normal" cruising speed, point the nose down, and then give a big

yank.
Ought to pick up at least a few more knots that way.

One advantage of Douglas Fir here in Ireland is that it's got lot's
of knots to start with, you don't have to fly the thing to have at
least 100 knots.:-)
--

..
--

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.