Old February 5th 19, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Noise Canceling headset

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 9:08:09 AM UTC-8, jfitch wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:48:53 AM UTC-8, Craig Reinholt wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:11:51 AM UTC-8, wrote:
What is the best value noise canceling headset for a motor glider.

Since the back seat persons head in only inches from the motor - I want to protect their hearing.

WH

I use the Bose QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® earbuds. That, with a 3.5mm to 4.5mm jack adapter works nicely. For me, earbuds are better than a headset because of limited space to hang / store a headset after climbing out. BTW, they are great on long commercial flights to cancel the engine noise and are comfortable to wear. Craig

+1 on the Bose. I've been using them for years. Started out just during engine runs, now I wear them the entire flight, cuts down on the wind noise, makes radio reception at high speed perfect. No room in my 26Mi for a big headset.

Another advantage of earbuds: They don't scratch the canopy when being donned or removed. Less polishing.
Jim