Old February 5th 19, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Noise Canceling headset

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7:17:46 PM UTC, Gary Wayland wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 10:11:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
What is the best value noise canceling headset for a motor glider.

Since the back seat persons head in only inches from the motor - I want to protect their hearing.

WH

A set of headphones has to be a big item in the cockpit of a glider.

What about earplugs you use at the gun range? The last thing I want is headphones on when I 'm soaring and listening to the air around me. So, for the small amount of time served by the headphones for engine noise, is this worth it?

I have the Bose for the Helicopter and it is a must in that contraption!

Just Curious...

Gary
"SQ"

In my limited SLS experience without a headset I find it difficult to make and receive intelligible lining up and take off calls.