Old August 15th 19, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default Flaps/No flaps...practical difference??

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019, at 6:41:24 PM UTC-4, wrote:
No, not looking at the Libelle. I know they’re well-loved, but I’ve never flown one. Looking for a new ship to avoid ownership hassles over the next 15-20 yrs that I plan to fly.

So, its flaps?

I've had my ASW27b since 1999. I bought it when the Mark was still trading. Comfortable glider to haul on the ground, easy to put together. Light wings. And as I get older, those 18Meter gliders are looking heavy if you put it in the box after each flight. I'm happy on the ground as I put it together, content in the air.

Don't discount this glider for the new toys of 18M if you're looking for sure pleasure flying with no competition in your future. But, in sports class, you might even beat a Libelle on a good day!

Good luck in your search.

Gary