Old December 18th 03, 04:12 AM
BWB

AVweb quotes an EAA staffer in saying that they don't even stock avgas down
there. What's needed is space on a cargo plane for hauling it down there,
and I suspect there's more too it than just throwing some jerry cans on a
pallet.

Even so, it sounds like the NSF is being its old hidebound self. There's a
good book out, written by an ex-Navy pilot who used be one of the Hercules
pilots down the _Flying Upside Down_, by Mark A. Hinebaugh. He really
makes the NSF (the agency in charge of US operations in Antarctica) sound
like a bunch of idiots.

Ron Wanttaja

They are. I worked on this problem with the Governor of Nevada last
week and many retired politicians that I know. They applied a lot of
pressure but really got nowhere. I am out of town right now but I
heard from Jarvis that Jon got out of there by getting fuel from an
English woman on an Around the world flight who was on the continent
at the same time. Anyone know the details?
Bill