Old April 19th 05, 03:15 PM
Dave S

I said:
paste
"Coming in from the South/Southeast, they will usually try to bring me
in on a vectored left downwind/left base to the west parallel rwy."

and I meant.. they usually TRY to send me to the east side, but if I am
nice enough they will let me use the west side (even though I have to
cross the field)..

Sorry I got it mixed up.. it was clear in my mind... just not at my
fingertips

Dave

John Clonts wrote:

I agree with Dave about Regal. I went there on an Angel Flight and
they were awesome!

Seems to me Dave got his Easts and Wests mixed up (but maybe I just
misunderstand him). Regal is at the approach end of 13R which I would
call the "west parallel". And when I've come in from the south they've
vectored me to a right-hand downwind to the "west" runway (13R). Regal
is marked on the airport diagram at http://www.airnav.com/airport/DAL.

I trained at Houston Hobby in the '80's, I agree that its about the
same size and "feel".