Old June 13th 19, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Another EXTREMELY low thermal save

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 02:41:26 -0700, Gary Wayland wrote:

Answer; When you have your hand on the gear and jamming it in and out as
you find that bit a lift you think is going to save you!

Disagree. You should be concentrating on flying accurately and paying
attention to what your gluteus maximus and the vario are telling you
about the air, not playing with the u/c lever. That only moves once when
you decide "I'm not finding anything and I'm being blown away from that
landable field, so I AM going to land. Gear down NOW."

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org