Old November 25th 19, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Default Cobra Trailer Fenders

On Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 7:51:34 PM UTC-6, Tom BravoMike wrote:
On Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 6:29:31 PM UTC-6, wrote:
It hurts to replace tires that look like new, but....
Just buy new tires every five years.
Rubber rots.
All tire manufacturers advise replacing tires at five years.

(...)

It is not my in intention to argue about the usefulness or necessity of changing tires every 5 or 6 years - sounds reasonable - but I would prefer to hear from some independent source, maybe an automobile club like AA or RAC or similar, provided not corrupted by lobbyists. Maybe the German 'Stiftung Warentest'?

https://www.test.de/

Don't smartphone manufacturers suggest we should buy a new phone every 2 years, a new TV set every 4 years. Shouldn't houses be built for just one generation so that the construction industry can go on and on? Isn't it farmers who advertise: Drinka pinta milka day?

I've just taken a look and found this interesting (German) court decision:
https://www.test.de/Mogelpackung-Autoreifen-1215549-0/

but also this:
https://www.test.de/Autoreifen-Alter-erkennen-17311-0/

I hope Google can help you with translation.