Old April 21st 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Frank Ch. Eigler

Default Radio buzz

The Visitor writes:

Could you cite the appropriate CAR please.

Like you, I don't have time to wade through them. And I don't have
them memorized.

That's rich -- after you make the blanket assertion:

In Canada a pilot isn't even allowed to remove and re-install a
radio. Actually not even tighten it up in it's tray,
technically. [...]

[...]
If you find anything post it here?

Certainly.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Re...ards/a625a.htm

(18) removal and replacement of avionics components that are rack
mounted or otherwise designed for rapid removal and replacement,
where the work does not require testing other than an operational
check;

Next time you feel the need to make a blanket statement, please do
your homework first, or at least when someone calls you on it.

- FChE