Old April 23rd 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Default Radio buzz

Hey guys and gals. Sorry about my offensive tone. This is gong to be an
argument that never ends and that is not what I do in life. I would
actually feel better if I was wrong, but as it is now, the greater
mystery, I just can't figure some guys out. I try to stay out of these
internet events (picayune games for shut-ins)but I am amazed how easily
one can get suckered in.

Happy flying.

The Visitor wrote:

Hey, don't be a turd.

I was on my way out the door to do a ride.
I tried pointing him in the right direction and did my best under the
time constraints. I thought I started him on the right path in case I
couldn't help him in time. And I was going to follow up on it.

Your quote.
Did you read the second paragraph...at the TOP!!
"For aircraft operated pursuant to Subpart 406* and Part VII, the
applicable tasks listed below are elementary work, provided they are
individually listed in the operator's maintenance control manual and or
operational manual as applicable,"

Subpart 406, isn't that Flight Training Units? (Okay I was going to get
rude, but I won't.)Does he have an operator's maintenance control
manual? No!! Is he a flying school???? No!!

There is a listing of private owner maintenance, (non-experimental) And
I still feel it is not on the list. I don't rule out being wrong, but
hey fella, loose the attitude. I don't think the person asking, is the
owner of a flying school with an approved MCM.

Man what is it with some of you. You play that, "cite the regulation"
game to no end. Don't you have a life of any sort. No? Okay fine, then
there is the work of art such as yourself that jumps, without
understanding (reading) just to score a "kill". When do you jacka@$'$
say "sorry" when you are wrong???? Duh, like now.

As for "blanket statements" and "homework". Man you have it coming in
spades for this boneheaded mistake. Why are you so effing hostile????????

I have helped a lot of people in aviation and don't deserve your brand
of smelly crap, even _if_ I was wrong. Last time I met someone like you,
he was a Ph.D. of basket weaving. I am going to read again what you
wrote, just for a laugh. Well you taught me for trying to be
informative. What a waste of my time. Thank you very much, you have
succeeded in making your problem, my problem. I'm glad I'm not sitting
in the back of your airplane, or even, dare I say, car.

Get lost.

I hope you fly better than you live life. And although it is wasted on
you this day, I hope, one day, you live better than you fly.

Now on the something interesting. Some helicopters that have four main
rotor blades with a blade folding system are constructed that by pulling
some magic expandable bolt out they can be swung around and stowed
together so that space is saved in a hangar. In the US this is commonly
done by the pilot. One manufacturer even markets it as a pilot function.
But in reality it needs to be done, and signed off, by an AME. Strange,
but true. But I don't ever rule out being wrong. And if you are civil I
would enjoy conversing with you. But, be warned, it is true, I gave up
being perfect long ago.

I have had a long day. Kindest regards to the friendly people in this
group.

John

*
http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Re...les/NPA406.htm

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

The Visitor writes:

Could you cite the appropriate CAR please.

Like you, I don't have time to wade through them. And I don't have
them memorized.

That's rich -- after you make the blanket assertion:

In Canada a pilot isn't even allowed to remove and re-install a
radio. Actually not even tighten it up in it's tray,
technically. [...]

[...]
If you find anything post it here?

Certainly.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Re...ards/a625a.htm

(18) removal and replacement of avionics components that are rack
mounted or otherwise designed for rapid removal and replacement,
where the work does not require testing other than an operational
check;

Next time you feel the need to make a blanket statement, please do
your homework first, or at least when someone calls you on it.

- FChE