Old January 10th 10, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Newill

Default Hawker Beechcraft try pay per service model: LS and DG tax

Hawker Beechcraft to charge for service inquiries

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/article...ml?WT.mc_id=10...

I suspect that Hawker-Beech will find a revolt on their hands as well!
At least they are putting the fee attached to a service action and not
a license per annum.

I would really like to see a session on this subject from the German
Sailplane Manufacturers Group at both SSA convention and AERO
Friedrichshafen. Hopefully a professional panel with EASA, the DGA
(does it still exist) and the buyers present - and one where the
shouting is kept to a minimum - would result in a more positive
solution. EASA is known for being FEE heavy - and is generally killing
GA in Europe. We need to watch out that this doesn't get pushed
through in the US ( user fees ) or we will all be in the same -
sinking- boat.