Old March 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Ray Lovinggood

It looks like it could be launched by the 'discus launch
method' used by some radio-controlled gliders. Instead
of a human spinning around, as a discus-thrower does,
I could envision some type of mechanical device rotating
at the proper speed and connected to the wing tip.
Should be an interesting launch!

I'll watch others do it...

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 23:24 23 March 2004, Isoar wrote:
The US distributor of Aeros hang gliders has announced
that the
Ukranian company's ultralight sailplane has had it's
first flight.
This craft was built using the wing of Aero's rigid
wing hang glider,
the Stalker. It was designed to be towed up by the
same tugs hang
gliders use. I wonder what happens when one tries
to tow an
ultralight sailplane with the same towplanes we use?

Some specs:
Weight: 80 kilos
Stall speed: 34-40 kph
VNE: 140 kph
Max L/D: 27 at 60 kph
Min sink: .5 - .6 (units not specified) at 45 kph

Details (very few) and photos at
http://www.justfly.com/news/al12info.htm