Old December 25th 03, 05:50 PM
Nathan Young

(Doug) wrote in message . com...
My RC Allen AI did that when it was new also. It has lasted another
1000 hours! I called the guy who supplied it, he said go ahead and use
it till warranty expiration is near, then if it still does it, send it
back. It has stopped doing this.

Granted I know nothing about the failure modes of an RC Allen AI, but
this seems like terrible advice from RC Allen. If nothing else, it is
setting them up for a legal suit.

Reading through the lines of the reps statement... The rep is saying
there is something wrong with a gyro that exhibts this behavior, ie
return it if it still exhibiting this behavior near the warranty
expire date. Then he/she suggested to continue using it in its
current state.

Imagine if the gyro then dies during IMC flight causing an accident...
I'm not a lawyer, and I typically frown on aviation lawsuits (ie why
couldn't the pilot fly partial panel) - but this seems like a slamdunk
case for the grieving relatives. The rep admitted the gyro was bad,
then told the pilot to continue using it.

-Nathan