Old July 3rd 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C 17

Default Hook up an mini headset to a Vertex Standard VX150 or 210 radio

Got one from Radio Shack that works with my ICOM.

Mike

Peter wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone successfully found or worked out a way to get one of the great
little handheld Vertex Standard (previously Yaesu) VX150 or VX210 radios
to work with a mini in-ear headset and boom mic with a PTT button, like
this one, http://www.planetheadset.com/vertex-...es.php#samurai

I figure this would be perfect for my glider flights and the cost is
reasonable..

I bought one, but in spite of it having the correct 1 plug connection
specified for a Yaesu radio, all I can do is hear the
radio, the PTT does not work.

I called in at a ham Radio ouotlet and they mumbled something about
microphone/headset impedances being diffecent for their aviation vs.
non-aviation equipment, but I wasn't convinced.

Has anyone got a nice solution for a glider where full headsets would be
overkill ?

Peter