Old November 12th 04, 01:10 PM
tscottme

Default Any real-life advice on inflight refueling?

Frome time to time I play with a PC video game that includes inflight
refueling capability. It puts me in an F/A-18 and taking fuel from an S-3
using a reel on the port wing.

Can anyone offer line-up advice or realistic techniques for getting fuel
from the Hoover? I've flown the Bug such that the trailing hose appears
like a vertical line but as I get very close to the basket it seems to drift
left or right. I'm not sure if my aircraft's bow wave is pushing the basket
or my line-up is slightly off and it becomes apparent only in the last
couple of feet. If I try to concenterate only on the probe and basket I
wind up getting into a lengthy and exciting pilot-induced circus ride.

I understand this is a difficult maneuver but are there common errors which
I'm committing that I should cure? Any help is welcome.

--

Scott

There already is a UN approved two-state solution in Palestine, it's called
Israel and Jordan.