Old May 14th 05, 06:25 AM
Peter Duniho

"LeonardR" wrote in message
oups.com...
yep upside down but not mirrored if i was to turn the monitor 180
degrees i could play.

Hmmm...well, that doesn't make any sense to me at all. I can think of no
way for software to cause that, except to *explicitly* code for it.

Reversed vertically but not horizontally, that could just be a video buffer
format issue, because there are two basic formats (top-down and bottom-up).
But to reverse the image horizontally and vertically at the same time would
require extra code, code that just has no reason to be in there in the first
place.

Very very odd.

Unless, of course, someone (driver or game) tried to handle the two formats
correct, but mixed up the horizontal and vertical reversal. I suppose that
might do it (but that would be a pretty dumb mistake to make, that's for
sure -- since PC video is very much scan-line based -- not to mention pretty
dumb to miss in testing).

I am going to check the drivers and see if that works.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

If not then a new adapter will have to be sourced and installed.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'm worried it might. Did you check
with Compaq? I still think there's a small possibility you're dealing with
a hardware error; if the PC is still under warranty, they might be able to
fix it.

Thanks for all your help

Heh, sure, no problem...as if I've actually accomplished anything. Good
luck!

Pete