Old July 23rd 03, 04:06 PM
Chip Jones

"Sydney Hoeltzli" wrote in message
Peter Duniho wrote:
"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...
I tried turning down the sensitivity of the yoke,
but I'm not sure that helped. It may actually have
made the problem worse -- I have to push a bit harder
to get any change, and the window between "some change"
and "huge change" seems narrower, if this makes sense.

I'm betting you got the right setting, but just in case...
Make sure you are adjusting the sensitivity and not the "null zone".

I've tried both, actually. Perhaps I can improve somewhat
with more tinkering, but I'm forming the opinion that the
flight model is perhaps just not what we'd like.

It's been strongly suggested to us that we upgrade before
trying to tweak planes, so we're looking into that -- anyone
know of a Tiger or Cheetah for FS '2002 and will '2002 planes
work in the upcoming release (2004)?

Go to avsim.com. At the top of the Avsim.com home page, there is a menu
system that says "File Library / Forums / Reviews / Partners" etc etc .
Click on "File Library". This will bring up the Avsim File Library index
page with a Search feature. Do a search for the file
"grumman_aa5_2002.zip". This will net you a FS2002 Tiger by Jose Miranda
and Robert Rent. The panel is decent although having never been in an AA5 I
don't know if it is up to your standards. This aicraft will work in FS2002.
There are instructions on how to install it into FS2002. It will not work
in FS98.

Microsoft is advertising that FS2002 aircraft will work in FS2004 *if* the
aircraft was designed correctly. Basically this means that FS2002 aircraft
designed in GMAX or FSDS2 should port over to FS2004 without any trouble.
Aircraft designed for FS2K and FS98 will not work in FS2004.

Regards,

Chip