Old May 25th 05, 03:10 AM
Bill Daniels

This is a very serious question and one that deserves a professional answer.
Visit a propeller shop and look at their scrap pile. There's plenty of
evidence of what a pit or scratch can do. Talk it over with the shop
manager.

Warning, this will be a VERY sobering visit.

bildan

"canflyboy" wrote in message
Hi All

I'm repainting my McCauley Aluminium prop and was wondering if anyone can
give me some guidance in regards to the little aluminums dings that

occurred
on the back side of the tip on the prop. These are tiny dings the prop

has
picked up over the years from sucking up debris while taxing. They vary
from tiny pin pricks to small scratches, maybe .015" at the deepest and
maybe about .05" inches long.

I'm not sure if I should try and dress these out with a sander (grinder)
because to get them all out, I'd be taking off some serious aluminium.

Any tips on sanding would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eugene