Old January 24th 04, 06:57 AM
Mike Long

Ray Andraka wrote in message ...
I think you either made a math error or mis-typed. 88 gallons of fuel is 520 lbs, so if the useful
load is 1400 lbs, then that leaves 880 lbs payload, not 1065. Maybe you meant adding the flint
tanks gives you an additional 200 lbs useful load, and if you leave them empty it gets you close to
that 1065 lbs. 1065 is only 15 lbs more than I get with my more or less stock Six, although I can
only dream of 150+ kts. What kind of fuel burn do you get at that speed?

Mike Long wrote:

Yes, I meant to imply the 1065 came with the addition of Flint Tanks
but with no fuel in them - only the 88 gallons standard. The Flint's
add 200 lbs to the gross weight. 15-16 gallons is the norm and the
small gear seems to make the airplane faster by more than I would have
thought.

Mike